Monday, February 23, 2009

A new post! How exciting!





Couple of things, Jake and I have joined the throngs on Facebook and instead of blogging we have been looking at friends and family and their adorable, and some not so adorable, offspring. The other thing is that we need to either set this blog to private or change the identifying information so this blog can't be googled. Any suggestions? By the way, I think I should mention this has nothing to do with "Anonymous" from the last post! It actually has to do with people at work finding my blog. Luckily I haven't said anything incriminating, but I sure would like to!

On to the recent haps of the Bennett fam...

We took Mason to the park to feed the geese and he initially loved throwing the bread to the birds. That is until the geese, who were taller than him, were within inches of him. He stopped saying "Geese! Geese!" and started saying "Scary! Scary!".

In an effort to find activities to do on cold winter days outside of the house, we decided to go look at Honda Pilots, as we know we will have to upgrade eventually. When we walked into the showroom Mason was as excited as I have ever seen him. He yelled "Mommy cars!" and then proceeded to point to each one and exclaim "Nice!" He was clearly overwhelmed with the beauty of new cars inside a building. This got the attention of anyone within earshot. We actually thought that bringing him would be a good idea because he has a short attention span and we could just say we had to take him home. Yeah, not so much. We were there for two hours and had to drag him out of there.

It's been a fun month as Mason talks nonstop and we don't have much difficulty understanding him, which is nice. He loves hanging out with other kids, from the babysitters to the gym, which is also very nice as he's perfectly fine when we drop him off somewhere.

Alright, other than that, it's business as usual here. Please let me know any suggestions for keeping the blog unsearchable.

8 comments:

Strange Blog said...

Hi Bennetts! Hope all is well up north! I just wanted to let you know that when I check your blog the thing that says where people check from and how they get there reads "La Jolla, California arrived from google.com on "THE BENNETTS" because I have you guys saved in my google reader favorites...just in case you thought I might be googling you...I am not. Just thought you might be interested.

Ginny said...

me too on the google thing...but you can just click a box to make it not show up on google searches or on the bloggerole. that's what we've done. don't know if that will accomplish what you had it mind, but it is an easy switch.

uh...have i mentioned i think mason is pretty darn cute?!?!

Anonymous said...

I found your site on Google and found some incriminating stuff so now I'm telling the boss ha!

Anonymous said...

Anon DOES leave clues. How many people do you know who rhyme with Limericks and end their sentances with (...)? And I'm not your cousin, so I can't be your BCF, but I COULD be your BSF! :-)

Anonymous said...

Is that "Best Stalker Friend"? Everyone needs one of those. I actually do not know anyone who uses limericks or ellipses. This is driving me crazy, give me another clue!

And Coworker X, I plan on keying everyone's car at work just to get back at you. You wanna play hardball? (Please don't print this out and turn me in, let's just keep this between us)

Anonymous said...

Ellipses!! I could NOT think of what those were called. Think back to when you first started blogging. Someone was anon and ended their sentances with ellipses...

I didn't intend to play the game this long, but my gosh - it's too fun!! B S-I-L F

Anonymous said...

Goldie, is that you? You pretty much had to spell it out for me, I'm a slow one! I think Dusty is Coworker X--what is with you crazy Bennetts?

Anonymous said...

Busted! Love you all...

~Anon (aka Goldie)