We decided to trim the budget a bit this year. The first to go? Cable television and our home phone. I thought losing tv was going to be rough, but we didn't even have the antenna functioning for the first week and we didn't notice. We should have done this a long time ago! When I called to cancel, the lady said "What if we give you $10 off a month?" I said no. "What if we give you $20 off a month?" I said no. "What can we do to keep you as a customer?" I said I could pay $10 a month total. She says to please hold. She returns. "I am so sorry we will be losing you as a customer." Yes, that's what I thought. If we ever get tv again I am going to try to cancel it after a year to get my bill down $20 a month. I am going to miss the DVR though as I noticed this morning I can not just pause the tv when Mason needs something. Anyway, Jake and I talk a lot more (and we talked a lot before) and it appears to be a good move all around.

No comments:
Post a Comment