Jake's grandpa passed away on Sunday so we would like to dedicate this entry to him. I only met him once, but the meeting was very memorable. He lives on a large plot of land in Tucson and Jake and I went to visit him a couple of years ago. Jake was out in the garage with his uncle Bob and I stayed in the nice air conditioned house with Grandpa Bud. We played about 40 hands of Gin Rummy when Gramps asks me how long my hair was. I had it all pulled up in a clip and it was fairly long at the time. I pulled the clip out of my hair to let it down and grandpa let's out a whoop and says "amazing, do it again!" I found this to be amusing the first time, but several requests later, I was beginning to get creeped out. I was looking around for Jake to save me but he was nowhere to be found. The only thing I could think of to do was to grab the little device that tests your blood sugar on the table and I asked him to show me how it works. A couple of finger pricks later, I learned that I have a normal level of sugar in my blood. The other memory I have of that day is when it was around 5:00 p.m., Grandpa says to us "If you want something to eat, you are going to have to go get it yourself, we don't feed guests here". I looked at Jake and he said "well alright, let's go get something to eat!" That was the last time we saw grandpa, but we were the recipients of hundreds (and that is no exaggeration) of forwards throughout the years. We'll sure miss you, Grandpa!
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I, Jake's mom, have returned from the Wake in Tucson. Thursday night Bob cooked BBQ ribs for Judy, myself, Arah, Dagon, Alex, and Ryan. We all told little stories of Dad's quirks and had some fun laughs. He will be remembered for a long time for sure. Behave yourself, Dad, where ever you are! Your loving daughter, Cynthia
I'll miss the 'ol codger. We were pretty tight when I lived down there after highschool. He had to teach me a few things about growing up, which he did in his own loving way (without mixing words). Regardless, he cared about who I was and what kind of man I was to become and I'll always carry that part of him with me. Take care Gramps!
Grandpa liked to feed roadrunners in his kitchen. They would take the food and then try to run out, but the slick floors kind of kept them running in place for a minute. The only way they could move forward was if Grandpa said, "Beep Beep"! Ok, little joke there, but he really did like to feed all the critters in his yard: roadrunners, lizards, javelinas, too (right mom?). I'm sure they will miss his handouts unless someone carries on the legacy!
blech! You have Dad's sense of humor. Could it be genetics? I hope not.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Blech
Definition 3
BTW you should KNOW this dictionary if you have teenagers!
Oh, good! Glad you didn't mean DEFINITION #4!!!!!!!!!
I think GP would have liked to play with the blog. I don't really know if he ever recieved my e-mail about it. He may have been to sick. I hope he got to read it at least once even if he did not get to play.
On a side note...
I never even read definition #4. I am SO pleased I stated the proper definition. That could have been mighty bad.
It took me awhile to find that site. It all started when MS Word told me the word blech was a no go. I have been using that word online for years so MS Word had to be wrong and I went in search of evidence, hence the website.
After all, I can’t just add it to the custom dictionary if it is say, spelled wrong, or perhaps, no one has ever heard of the word. That wouldn’t be right.
Post a Comment