Last week my mom came up to help take care of Mason while I had my third and final kidney surgery. Yippee to that! While she was here we took Mason to the zoo, which he loved when he could actually see an animal. He also got to hang out in his pool and we went to a Luau on Friday night, where he discovered the sand box and spent most of his time.
My mom offered to take him back to Montpelier with him for the week since his babysitter is in Hawaii and though I initially said no, I finally caved and said that she could take him. I thought of all the things we could get done and all the fun we would have being baby free. Well let's just say I shed more than a few tears on more than one occasion on Saturday and Sunday. The house is so quiet! And although I enjoyed reading the Sunday paper in 30 minutes without it being ripped out of my hands and torn to pieces, I just want my monkey back. I had no idea it would be this difficult to not have him around. We pick him up on Wednesday, so I think I'll survive.
I was tagged a while ago by my cousin and never posted so here are the answers to her tagging...
List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, , 3 random surprising facts about yourself.
3 Joys
1. Spending time with Jake and Mason. No other joys even come close to this one. I don't care what we're doing, I just love doing it with them.
1. Mason getting seriously hurt.
2. Losing my job.
3 Goals
1. Be completely debt free by the time we're 40. That's everything, mortgage, student loans, etc.
3 current obsessions/collections
1. Spending the least amount of money possible, which means I spend about 2-3 hours a week finding sales, coupons, etc.
3 random surprising facts about yourself
1. I love to make garbage. I get a rush when the milk is gone or a box of cereal runs out because then I get to throw out the empty container. I spend serious time on the weekend combining almost empty containers of things or going around the house looking for stuff to throw away. Love love love it.
4 comments:
Was sure fun to see your boy and spend some time with him on Monday. I got some cute pics, I will have to send you. Good luck beating Dave's high score in Wii bowling. He got a 299 once. I was there to witness it and the last pin literally rocked before deciding to stand back up. I think he almost cried!!!
p.s. glad the surgery is the LAST!! get better already!
Hey Steph and Jake I am glad your done with surgery stuff!!!! We miss and love ya!
Kyle and Sarah
Ginny-
Definitely send me some pics! And a 299 on bowling? We are nowhere near that yet. Do you ever do the one where you try to knock down the most pins and it goes up to 91 pins at one time? Good times. See you later this month!
Post a Comment