I have been remiss to blog lately as I have had this fantastic (and not in a good way) kidney pain. If you'll recall, my doctor thought I had kidney stones a month ago but then I got better with antibiotics so he figured it was just an infection. Fast forward five weeks and I have horrible pain again. This time the antibiotics didn't work, so I had to get a cat scan, which is possibly the least invasive medical procedure I have ever had. The results? A gigantic kidney stone that is blocking my ureter, which is causing urine to back up and my kidney has swollen to 10 times its normal size. That solves the mystery of my pants being tighter lately, or at least that's what I am going to blame it on. So it sounds horrible, but I'm not in any more pain than usual and have to wait until Monday to either get the thing blasted with an ultrasound or surgically removed. I think the real pain is yet to come.

Mason's triple loves his new trike


Having a snack on the porch with Grandma
9 comments:
Yea! On the updated post. I like your list of favorites, but no so yea on the kidney stone situation. Yikes, so painful. Please keep us up to date and hopefully they can blast the painful rock!
A spare??? as in kidney??
Other than childbirth, I would describe kidney stones as the most painful thing I've ever experienced - so sorry to hear you're dealing with it! I hope the zapping will do the trick for you.
Mason is such a charmer! I just cannot wait to see him (oh, and all of you) again!!
Ironic that the one person who gives me grief about not updating my blog frequently enough would be remiss in updating hers... hmmm.
Goldie: Did you see the part about kidney pain? And yes, thank goodness I have a spare kidney as the right one appears to be useless at this point.
OUCH! Sorry we missed you on Saturday (not that you didn't get to see at least some of the cuter parts of us) and sorry about the kidney! Good luck on Monday!
So, which one of you got bored with the backdrop and the Bennett Cafe?
(Yes, Steph - I guess when you're in excruciating pain is not the best time to give you a hard time. Sure hope you're feeling better soon!)
Do you really have a spare? I thought one of your kidney's was already removed or shut down or something. I'm always willing to donate!
Thanks for the shout out! I feel so loved! Sorry about the kidney...hopefully that gets cleared up real soon!
I'd share one of my kidney's but I've already sold it on the black market - I'm trying to figure out which kid is giving up the next one so we can make the mortgage payment! get well soon!
Post a Comment