Jake and I have just started to pay attention to the presidential race. I don't like to invest too much energy into it until we are down to the two candidates. Quick story, I sat right behind John McCain at the 2001 World Series and during the 7th inning stretch I asked him to sign the back of my ticket. As he was signing I asked him if he would ever run for president. He said "Well I don't know Stephanie (we were tight), if I did would you vote for me?" I loved him as the senator from Arizona and of course said "Absolutely!" Let's just say that I am not as impressed with Mr. McCain seven years later. I don't think I will have to break my word though as I am pretty sure he isn't going to get the nomination.
Anywho, Jake and I have had quite a good time with this little gem of a website.. http://www.glassbooth.org/...it tells you which candidate your ideas about the country are most compatible with. I was more than a little surprised that Barack and I are nearly on the same page. I am a little sad that I will be in Orlando when he comes to visit this Saturday. Jake's pick? Some guy named Mike Gravel. The only thing I know about him is this very strange video on YouTube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8 Chances are he'll have to support a different candidate after the nominations.
On an entirely different note, Mason would rather feed himself than be fed. Disaster ensues.
9 comments:
Hey Jake--
I got Mike Gravel too!
Um, he is all good except for the fact that he was born May 13, 1930 making him 77-78 years old... I need to vote for a president that can hang around for the ENTIRE four years.
Except that it's looking more and more like Billary will get the nomination...
Please no.
That deleted Ryan comment is really me. I didn't realize I was signed in on his account. Anywho, I'm having lots of fun on glassbooth. Mitt and I are an 80% match, Huckabee 75%, and McCain 73%. Now who is this Mike Gravel?
That's a fun tool, but check this out - my top 3 in order are:
1. Huckabee
2. Romney
3. Obama
Huh? More connected to Obama than McCain? That was a surprise. Of course, I wasn't all that up to speed on every issue and some that didn't agree with me had some good points on why. I'll have to take that quiz again soon. Thanks!
It is best to take the test a few times. I think I change day to day.
Still Huckabee, but I think he's pretty much out...
Post a Comment