Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've Got Mad Mothering Skills


I am quite proud of myself today and really feel like a mother. Mason slept more than normal yesterday and was rather cranky in his moments of being awake. Not that I would know first hand, as I was working my two jobs. He's spending the week at home with his dad though, so I am on the pulse of his activity. Anywho, I didn't like what I heard so first thing this morning I called the doctor and got him an appointment to be checked out. Even though he was perfectly fine this morning, I had a feeling something was up. Well, sure enough, baby has an ear infection! (Do not interpret the exclamation point as gleeful that he has an infection, but rather my glee at sensing something was wrong) It's still pretty small, and only in one ear so I think we (and that pretty pink amoxicillin) may be able to avert the crisis that had befallen baby Jackson. I should give some credit to KA for posting about Jack's ear infection, as it heightened my awareness. Hopefully my instinct has saved us from having a painful Thanksgiving. One funny thing, I met Jake and Mason at the doctor this morning and it was a very cold and snowy day in Boise. Mason looked ridiculously adorable in his fuzzy hat and I was quite impressed that Jake thought to actually put his winter hat on. I would have been even more impressed if he were wearing a jacket, or socks.

2 comments:

KA said...

Try to elevate his mattress.....hurts them most when they're lying flat. Except that maybe the pink has already helped.......

Anonymous said...

Both of mine had dozens of ear infections before age 2. Then it all just went away. I think teething has something to do with it. Poor tykes!

Good work, super-sluth mamma!