Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just Hangin' Out in Our Robes All Day

Our summer party is officially over now that Jake has gone back to school. Mason and I are back to hanging out with each other all day. He's a lot more fun to hang out with this semester as he now does tricks, like grabbing for things and rolling over and he smiles a lot. It's actually hard to get anything done because he's such great entertainment. He'll sit in his robe while I clean the nursery and then he'll play in the bathtub until the water gets too cold. Then he'll cry and I'll put him to bed. I do love our morning ritual.

In other news, I have a part time job now. I decided to utilize my psychology degree for a bit and become a psychosocial rehabilitation specialist. Basically I have one 13 year old client that I try to help with his social and behavioral issues. It's certainly challenging but I have much more patience after giving birth to a child, and I have a different sort of compassion for my client because I have my own son.

Today the mailwoman came to the door with a stack of magazines and said "These would not fit in your mailbox, and for the record, I am not sure I have anyone on my route with more magazine subscriptions than you." This made my day. Like I had just won some kind of contest or something. I decided to figure out just how many magazine subscriptions we actually have. We have 34. Now before you think I am crazy, I have to say that both Jake and I had miles expire on several airlines and at least half of these subscriptions are from cashing those miles in. I think I have several gift subscriptions from my mother as well. But suffice it to say, we have plenty of reading material in our house.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I've always loved a munchkin in a bumbo, but a munchkin in a bumbo whilst wearing a robe......priceless!