Poop filled diapers will be gross
Knowing he works will be pleasing
Urinating on himself, me, the changing table and anything else in range will be gross
~Recognizing that he is so helplessly out of control that even the basics are too difficult for him
~Knowing that I am charged with his safekeeping and knowing that I will be there to teach him all the basics throughout the rest of his life
Drooling on everything and anything will be gross
~What can I say, it is just gross
Dripping snot 24 hours a day will be gross
~Ditto
Watching everything on the floor eventually find its way in Mason’s mouth will be gross
~Watching his curiosity lead to exploration and eventually lead to learning could give me no more joy
Cleaning a scabby umbilical stump will be gross
~One of the many scars of life that I will help to heal
Hearing my newborn child screaming at max volume will be hard
~Hearing my son take a breath for the first time and cry will be my crowning achievement in my life
I don’t know you yet Mason but I know I will love you and everything about you. I will see you soon but it won’t be soon enough.
Dad
As promised here is the long awaited belly picture!!!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Jake's thoughts on being a Dad:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!! Although, I must say I thought you'd protrude a bit more this far along. Funny how we all carry them a little differently. Jake, I can't wait for you to be a Dad. Stephanie, I can't wait for you to be a Mom. It's the coolest thing in the world and the funny thing about all that gross stuff? Not so bad when it's your own kid (WAY GROSS when it's someone else's!!)
Sadly, I still look like I could be pregnant. You know, "Tried it... Liked the Look!"
Before baby food was neatly packaged, some table foods were first chewed by the parent and then the baby happily enjoyed it - didn't seem gross at the time. I can't remember which baby. Hmmm? Mom
Gee, I wonder...
(I guess it was better than starving to death...)
"Watching everything on the floor eventually find its way in Mason’s mouth will be gross"
Not Gross, It's exciting! You get to learn just how fast you can move 20 feet before he puts that dead bug in there.
After four kids you just let them eat the bugs.
The embilical cord one made me spit my coffee. One does forget those things. I would recommend you don't accompany your son to his circumcision. One does not forget that.
Post a Comment