Monday, October 02, 2006

The Train, Tamarack, and 2 Fabulous Years

We'll start with the train. Grandma Portela, aka Peggy, came to visit us last weekend and took us for a train ride. We were wildly excited to take a crazy ride through the mountains. Imagine our surprise when the train never reached 30 miles an hour and really never provided what we could quantify as excitement. It was a lovely way to spend a saturday afternoon though!




















Since we just couldn't get enough of the mountains, we decided to spend our 2 year anniversary at the beautiful Tamarack Resort. We had a lovely time swimming, playing Pente (our favorite board game) and relaxing. It was a nice end to an otherwise not so nice week, as I was quite sick and extremely tired. I don't mind it much though, I understand it's all for the cause.



















And now for the big finish...The best two years of our freaking lives. Let's play a little game. I am going to guess the top two reasons my husband loves me and he will guess the top two reasons that I love him. I'll go first.
1. I am hilarious.
2. I love him.
Ok, and now for Jake's turn...
1. I am abnormally patient.
2. I am funnier than she is.
Ok, this is Steph and I must say that his number 1 is dead on, but ain't no way he's funnier than me!
Jake here, I wish I could think of something funny to say, but I just can't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you two crazy kids are hilarious. I can't believe it has been two years. Congratulations! Steph I'm sorry about the sick and tired, but it is for a good cause.

Anonymous said...

I love your stories! I thought you were going to say you puked your guts out for the entire train ride. Glad to hear you didn't have a remake of the helicopter scene! Sometimes morning (aka anytime) sickness goes away after the first trimester. Mine did. Hang in there, you'll be feeling kicks and rolls in no time!!