Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Beginning of Something Beautiful...

Welcome to our blog! We felt that we wanted to capture this time in our lives, but neither of us are really into writing things down. Plus we also felt that this would be a fantastic way to keep in touch with our many friends and relatives who don't live in Boise. So that would be pretty much everyone although Jake has a friend here and I have about 3, give or take a couple.

So feel free to leave a comment if you are so inclined, and enjoy the adventure. I know we will!

31 comments:

Harve/Harvey/Dad/Grandpa said...

Well kids I think you have hit on a great Idea, I will be most interested in who and how many will join in the fun

Anonymous said...

Hellooo!! Who here likes to talk (er, well...write)?? One guess... Hey, I don't suppose these comments can be anonymous? I could leave clues for you to figure out who I am. Here's one you're sure to get...who experiences discontent and starts looking for a new job every two years or so? And the winner is....

Anonymous said...

Anonymous...Sadly, this could be a half a dozen people we know, but Jake is convinced you are his mother.

Unknown said...

I love this idea and I love you guys! Now that I'll be checking the Bennett blog daily for the latest news, that will leave less time for Hollywoodrag, but it'll be so worth it!

Strange Blog said...

ooooooohh man! i am so excited for you guys! congratulations! i am excited to keep reading all about it in this blog.

Devry said...

Obviously, I love a blog. I can't wait to be kept up to date with all of the details of the pregnancy. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Mom would definately write something like that but I've never heard her use "er, well" in a sentence. Something's fishy...

Unknown said...

Hurray! This is a brilliant idea and I am so so happy for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

Er, well - you're right...

Jake & Steph would not call me MOM although I am one.

Anonymous said...

Congratz guys! We are just a couple of weeks ahead of you. Talk about synchronicity. Gimme a call sometime Jake.

Anonymous said...

This rocks! I've never blogged before. I'm a virgin blogger!! I'm probably the ONLY one!! Love you guys!! Can't wait to come visit all THREE of you next summer!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now we are confused about who anonymous is since Goldie has posted. We thought it was her. Interesting...

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, I'm Dusty, Jakes brother (Steph's bro-in-law). I'm a designer/project manager in the civil engineering industry. I live in Cashmere, WA. My wife's name is Laura and we have 4 kids ages 19,15,9,& 5. Who are you?

Jake and Steph said...

Jake here
It has got to be Goldie then. Both follow the trend but, a quick look into my past e-mails comes up with these phrases written by her:
1. (need to GET it - WOW!!)
2. (plus Eric the big kid!)
3. (my idea - the ball was a small nerf football)…
4. Get some friends...
5. Fo' sho' dat!

Notice the gratuitous use of (parenthesis), “…” and the ghetto conversational writing style in her e-mails to me. My opinion is it is definitely my sister.

Anonymous said...

so you think she is just playing us with the whole "blog virgin" thing?

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What...who...HUH????

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I hope I am one of Stepanie's friends that live in Boise. Anyway I am so excited for you guys. I love this idea and hope for the best. I love you Steph! Cheryl

Jake and Steph said...

Annon posts 2 minutes before Goldie plays dumb. If I wasn't 100% before, I am now. :)

Anonymous said...

My first blog message. A little slow to embrace technology. Thinking of traveling to Wa. next summer and maybe stop by Bennett's house to see new arrival? Gary's birthday is May 26. Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah, way to blow your cover Goldie!

Anonymous said...

I too love a blog and am excited to have your incredible pregnancy journey documented. Although I'm also going to have to check out Hollywooddrag when I'm done here.

Cynthia said...

Anyway, you kids know I rarely give a job a whole two years! I have one now working at the Goodwill until the school calls me back. Then I will just quit. After 6 days it's already getting to be a lot like work.

What baby names have been picked out?
Mom

The Basagic Family said...

Woah, what the @#$%? Steph is pregnant?

Anonymous said...

Hey, yo! Are supposed to post to this original post or the new original post or are you going to start another new post???

I'm so confused...

Signed, "..."

Anonymous said...

Goldie,

You can post to either post, it doesn't matter. As we have more posts though, it might be easier to comment on the most current post.

The Administrator

Jake said...

Yes, you will find a new area to submit comments every time we update the blog. I wish the old one would become inert but I don't make the rules. It is likely that many will continue to submit comments to old blog posts but that is only natural. It even follows the pattern of online message boards. However, message boards and blogs are different concepts so applying rules from one to the other may not gain you the desired result. Your comments are amusing and we read them every day. We don’t want the crazy rules to scare you away so really, post where you like. It might not be seen right away as the change from 63 comments to 64 might be over looked. If you posted in the new area the change might be like from 0 to 1. One is an easy number. I can count to one.

So let’s recap:

Every new blog post will create a new area for you to submit your own (new) comments.

Jake said...

HEY! THAT"S NOT FAIR! I WANTED TO SAY IT! :)

Anonymous said...

oh honey, we are so connected! we posted about the same thing within 2 minutes of each other. we're soulmates, pure and simple.

Anonymous said...

Jake & Steph,

Mom, Gary, Heather & I all stood here and read your last few postings together. We all said, "AWWW" in unison and are wiping the tears away after sharing that special moment with you....(sniff)...

Anonymous said...

...oh please...